With a new time of year comes a need for a new list of books to read. I mostly enjoyed my fall reading list, and now it’s time to figure out what I’ll read as snow eventually gives way to new blossoming.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Your Favorite Band Is Killing Me: What pop Music Rivalries Reveal About the Meaning of Life by Steven Hyden
- The Violence by Delilah S. Dawson
- Celebrities for Jesus: How Personas, Platforms, and Profits Are Hurt the Church by Katelyn Beaty
- Exit Stage Left: The Curious Afterlife of Pop Stars by Nick Duerden
- Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
- The Hot Seat: A Year of Outrage, Pride, and Occasional Games of College Football by Ben Mathis Lilley
- Transforming Trauma with Jiu-Jitsu: A Guide for Survivors, Therapists, and Jiu-Jitsu Practitioners to Facilitate Embodied Recovery by Jamie Marich & Anna Pirkl
- Rest in the Storm: Self-Care Strategies for Clergy and Other Caregivers by Kirk Byron Jones
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
So as usual, an eclectic mix of religion, novels, memoir, sports, and music. Just how I like it.
What are you planning to read this first part of the year?
Here are a few suggestions that I’m fond of.